November 17, 2010

what are the chances!?!?

no really, will someone who is good at math please figure this out for me?

On the way back from Machinga
we stopped randomly on the side of the road and E asked if I wanted to buy some mangoes. Sure, I thought, I mean really, who doesn't want mangoes?!? Plus when you stop at these little stands they are dirt cheap. I literally have several pounds of mangoes now that I purchased for the hefty price of $1.33.

But anyway, the important part of the story.....we walk up and down past all of the different women and E stops at one, checks them out, and tells me they are the best. I pull out my money to pay and I saw the most incredible thing.....

Please look carefully at her shirt.....

Now back to my original question. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!?! Random road stop, random idea to get mangoes, random woman, JMU shirt???? CRAZY! Then everyone else wanted in on the picture as well. They were probably fascinated by the white girl who jumped for joy and started frantically pointing at the lady in the purple t-shirt.......

Anyone care for a mango? (I bought one bucket of the small yellow mangoes and one of the big green ones. All for less than $1.50)

2 comments:

  1. i love this!! go dukes:) i just got all caught up on your postings...so different and exciting! miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of when I was in Seoul. We found a store selling old shirts which looked like they had been donated/discarded. My friend recognized a shirt of a community organization from his home town!

    ReplyDelete