If you followed the china blog at all, you'll remember I loved telling stories about my students. Sometimes I forget about all of the silly things they said or did but there is one thing I seem to have picked up and adopted into my everyday vocabulary....
Headcake.
One of my students always used to say he had a "headcake" instead of a headache. I corrected him the first several times to no avail....and then I started using it myself. So anyway, today I have a headcake.
Headcake.
One of my students always used to say he had a "headcake" instead of a headache. I corrected him the first several times to no avail....and then I started using it myself. So anyway, today I have a headcake.
It is a direct result of my late night/early morning antics as I finally attended my first "full moon party" (although the moon was not full!)...then we went out dancing until 5am. Yes, 5am. I think I was laughing for like 7 hours straight so it was well worth the headcake today.
Full moon parties are held every once in a while at Kumbali Village (where Madonna used to stay when she came here) out under the stars and, theoretically, a full moon. It's a bit off the beaten path so they take a break during the rainy season since the dirt road you take to get there would not be very easy to navigate! There is live music and then a dj and it's just something fun and a bit different to do. And by different, I mean it's not held at one of the 4 places we normally go on weekends :-)
Anyway, here's to a great weekend to top off a not-so-great week...and (as much as I love cake) to getting rid of this dang headcake!
No comments:
Post a Comment