We moved offices. This makes me sad because I loved, I adored, our old office. It was in a big house so even though I was at work, it was a very 'home-y' environment. The grounds were beautiful, the kitchen was big, and it was all ours! Unfortunately, the owner decided to sell at a price that was WAY above what we could pay for it.
So, now we are in a proper building. With hallways and offices. And limited bathrooms rather than one in each room. And a tiny kitchen. And NO outdoor conference room. And no screens on the windows (attention, mosquitoes - come and get us!). And we share it with another party. Do you see why I am so sad?
Regarding our new neighbors, that may be the most interesting part. We now share this property with the Catholic Secretariat. Our building is literally a stone's throw from the Vatican Embassy. I bet you didn't even know they had a Vatican Embassy in Malawi! Well they do, and they are our next door neighbors. In fact, some bishops live on this property as well! One would think this would create a very quiet and peaceful environment but alas, so far it has been the complete opposite - the houses right outside my window (not occupied by the Bishops, to be clear) are currently under construction and there is an amazingly annoying chicken (or rooster) that is constantly cluck-cluck-clucking. Oh well. Headphones were invented for a reason, right?
Plus, they make us sign in every morning. I know it only takes 10 seconds to sign my name, my license plate, and the reason I'm here....but it's annoying nonetheless and here's why... at lunch, the gates are wide open. At the end of the day, the gates are wide open. I have yet to actually sign out! And therefore, what is the purpose of signing IN?
Anyway, I digress....I'll admit that the office space itself is quite nice (it is!) and the internet works more often than not (which is a huge, gigantic step up).....it's just that I miss our old home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment