January 19, 2011

Lauren vs. the oven

First things first. I went to grab some veggies for dinner and I got these solely because it made me laugh out loud. Do you see what I see?

Green beans with an identity crisis!

Now.....I've cooked using the stove a couple of times but tonight was my first try with the oven - I really wanted to make some meatballs! My first challenge came as I realized the temperatures were in Celsius not Fahrenheit. No problem - google can help me with that! Next up was trying to decipher the images on the second knob.....

Which setting do you suppose means....I don't know....HEAT?

I picked the middle one on the top because it was one of the only ones without a FAN and the zig zaggedy thing sort of concerned me a bit. While it heated up I took back to the wonderful interwebs for some assistance. Rather quickly I found the following key in a user manual online:

Bet your oven doesn't have a THERMOFAN OVEN setting!

Who knew my oven was so versatile! And yes, I sort of felt amazing for having chosen the correct setting.....the meatballs were delicious...and so were the 'cucumbers'!

No comments:

Post a Comment