January 18, 2011

A little off topic....

DISCLAIMER - If you're here to read about Malawi, I'm sorry to report that today's post is more or less off topic. Tune back in later this week for your regularly scheduled program....

This weekend I spent a decent amount of time looking through old photos and watching old videos. After all, that's what I do when I'm sad....reminisce about happier times! Fortunately, I have a LOT of old photos and videos on my external hard drive so I stayed entertained for quite a while.


A lot of these photos will likely mean nothing to you....but in some way, shape, or form, they made me smile...and many times they made me laugh. And really, all things considered, that felt like a major victory this weekend.

Always a hit with the ladies - Richmond, VA 2010

MLOG Reunion in SF (but wishing we were at Phoenix Landing!) 2010

Graduation with Gma - Cambridge 2010

I. WILL. RIDE. THAT. BULL! Now, get me some shorts. Greenville, SC 2010

Who wouldn't want to take a 15-passenger taxi van through the McD's drive through? - OBX 2010

Pantheon 2009

We stayed at the ALL SEASONS..... 'spring', 'fall', 'summer', and......tree? France, 2009

3 generations - 2010

She was deathly afraid of bicycles. I convinced her to trust me and then I nearly killed us both..... Yangshuo, China 2007

No really, I jumped too!!! Ha Long Bay, Vietnam 2009

Dad you'll have to try a little harder to hide that food... Nara, Japan 2010

This is what you'd look like if an elephant sneezed in your face - Jaipur, India 2009

Dad turned 60 and I still couldn't beat the old fart at pitch and putt! 2009

CHEESE! Nairobi, Kenya 2009

Dance off - Mumbai, India 2009

my long lost sister - 2009

old school fun - Paris 2005

even farther old school...GO DUKES - 2003?

I stomp on your flower! Shanghai 2007

Yeah - we hate each other. Hangzhou 2007

David tried to one-up my handstand. Clearly, a win. Xinjiang, China 2008

love love love 2010

JMU Homecoming with some of my favorite people - 2006?

3D bringing some stellar dance moves to the bars in China. Shanghai 2007

Lovingly drawn by one of my students. Beautiful (KILLER) Ms. Shear (the book and the pen were previously two knives) - Shanghai 2007

talk about a crazy night - Madrid 2009

squish the melly! NYC 2010

the 'after party' after our top secret concert (the videos from this night made me laugh for an entire hour) - Shanghai 2008

some of the JMU ladies visiting Shanghai - 2008

A comic completed by one of my students - Shanghai 2007

these facial expressions are priceless - OBX 2008

I have no clue what we were trying to do - Shanghai 2007

MOOSE! Wintergreen, VA 2008

I think we were excited about sushi.... Shanghai 2008

life's not complete without a jumping photo - Shanghai 2007

Hmmm I think the water is supposed to go IN your mouth? Harrisonburg 2008

Believe it or not, this cave was pitch black! Sintra, Portugal 2009

Little Guo, pre-surgery. This kid could light up a room! Shanghai 2007

How can this photo not make you smile! VA 2006?

And how can this photo not make you laugh? (Sorry DS, but I laughed out loud at this one) Penang, Malaysia 2008

Little Asian men couldn't resist taking photos with the giant Americans (darn that fogged lens!)- Ha Long Bay, Vietnam 2009

3 comments:

  1. The sneezing elephant photo is really funny. Thanks for sharing all of them. A great way to bring smiles and to see your friends from around the world.
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I broke my thumb in a dancing contest this weekend. I actually thought of you because you enjoyed my dancing in China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mom - David was scared to ride the elephant to begin with...and then it sneezed on him. i laughed...he did not.

    @3D - how in the world did you break your THUMB? Also, I found a hysterical video of you and Dan grooving at JZ Club - if you don't have it, I'll have to find a way to get it to you....

    ReplyDelete